Ongoing support and professional development
Good quality training and professional development is crucial to increase knowledge and skills.
All family day care educators will need to hold or be working towards, at least, a Certificate 3 in Children's Services.
Most family day care services provide a variety of mandatory and professional development training for their educators. Learning must be on-going in order to improve current practices and it is the responsibility of the educator to ensure they access appropriate professional learning opportunities.
Family Day Care Australia also provides a range a services, support and member benefits to members such as:
- Expert early childhood, management and operations phone support for educators and services
- Exclusive members only access to high quality resources developed specifically for the family day care sector and member’s only content on the FDCA website to support you in your work
- FREE listing on our family day care locator to help you reach parents directly and promote your family day care service
- FREE Insurance Status Reports included with Service membership to support your compliance obligations
- FREE registration at FDCA National Engagement Program networking and professional development forums
- Access to discounted member prices for insurance products including loyalty discounts on insurance packages (after 12 months of membership)
- Access to discounted rates if you purchase your National Police Check through FDCA
- An annual subscription to our quarterly magazine, JiGSAW – the only family day care specific magazine in Australia – delivered direct to your home or office, valued at $50
- A weekly e-newsletter - Family Day Care Matters
- The opportunity to participate in the Excellence in Family Day Care Awards
- Access to discounted family day care legal services subscriptions
- Access to premium funding arrangements that help you manage your budget by spreading the payments of membership and a range of insurance products when taken together
- Member discounts to conferences, forums and other family day care events
- Access to members only offers and discounts from organisations such as Vodafone, Energy Australia and 365 Roadside Assistance
You can also give Family Day Care Australia a call, on 1800 658 699, and we will be able to assist in your enquiry and point you in the right direction.